Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC, is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669, for 7.0 Contact Hours.
Alternative Therapies in Pain Management: Evidence-Based Approaches - New York
With the emergence of new therapeutic strategies, we now have more options for improving the quality of life for people with acute and chronic pain. As the field continues to progress it is important for you and your colleagues to understand the most current clinical data and best practices in pain management.
The Alternative Therapies in Pain Management: Evidence-Based Approaches CME initiative will deliver information on current and emerging evidence-based approaches of traditional and alternative therapies in the management of pain induced by migraine, osteoarthritis, and surgery. The safety and efficacy of cannabis as a pain intervention will be discussed, and opioid and other substance abuse disorders will be addressed in this multicomponent learning event. A panel of experts will present the latest data and use patient case scenarios to illustrate the diagnosis and treatment of patients experiencing pain.
This educational program is directed toward healthcare providers that treat and manage pain regularly in practice, including pain management specialists, anesthesiologists, neurologists, primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. Other health care professionals interested in pain management are invited to attend.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Examine the efficacy and safety of alternative pain agents/modalities for the treatment of migraine pain
- Discuss the efficacy and safety of alternative pain agents/modalities for the treatment of osteoarthritis
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of alternative pain agents/modalities for the treatment of postoperative pain
- Explain the role of opioid abuse deterrents in the prevention and treatment of opioid abuse disorder
- Analyze the role of cannabis/medical marijuana in alternative pain management
Hot Topics for 2020
- Legal regulations of complementary and alternative medicines
- Incorporating alternative treatments into migraine management
- Well-coordinated care between providers and institutions
- The most effective nonpharmacologic therapies for osteoarthritis
- The evolving role of stem cell therapy for pain management
- Approaching recommendations of cannabis to treat patients for pain
- Barriers to prescribing abuse deterrents
- Genetic testing for opioid pain management
- Best strategies for measuring intra-operative pain during general anesthesia
Professor of Neurology
Albany Medical Center
Department of Diagnostic Sciences
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Department of Public Health & Community Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
Journal of Pain Research
3 Ways to Register
- Online: Click here.
- Phone: Please call (888) 949-0045 or (609) 378-3701 (credit cards only).
- Fax: (609) 257-0705 (credit cards only).
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC - AP1-20
For registration assistance, please email email@example.com, or call (888) 949-0045 or (609) 378-3701.
PER® fully complies with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please notify us in order to receive service. Please call (609) 378-3701.
PER® reserves the exclusive rights to all recordings or reproductions of the conference and supporting materials. Unauthorized recording, by any means, is expressly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, recording of presentations or reproductions of supporting audio/visual materials, exhibits, and other supporting continuing education materials.
By attending a PER® conference, meeting or related activity ("Events"), all participants, attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and guests ("you") create an agreement between you and PER® regarding the use and distribution of your image, including but not limited to your name, voice, and likeness ("Image"). By attending the Events, you acknowledge and agree that photographs, video, and/or audio recordings may be taken of you and you grant permission to PER® (and its agents) to utilize, in perpetuity, your Image in any electronic or print distribution, or by other means hereinafter created, both now and in the future, for any lawful purpose as determined by PER®.
Meeting information is accurate at the time of posting.
PER® complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act. Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfers of value provided to any covered recipient under the Act.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now