Industry-leading CME provider brings their purpose to life with a series of conferences providing state-of-the-art cancer care strategies and groundbreaking data for the treatment of patients with breast cancers, dermatologic cancers, hematologic malignancies, lung cancers, and much more.
February 10, 2021 10:04 AM Eastern Standard Time
CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, (PER®), the leading go-to resource for continuing medical education (CME), contributing to the support of patients with cancer and improving the quality of care is not just a professional commitment, it’s also a personal one. Which is why PER transformed six of its core, oncology signature events this quarter into all-inclusive, highly impactful virtual, interactive conferences this winter.
For decades, world-renowned surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists have attended these historic conferences to network with expert faculty and explore state-of-the-art cancer care strategies and treatments in each oncology therapeutic area. To fulfill a growing need for critical patient care, it is at the heart of PER®’s DNA to produce targeted, impactful programming that elevates the education experience for both healthcare providers and the patient’s cancer care journey.
The upcoming virtual, interactive conferences will unveil new groundbreaking data and discuss the latest innovations in patient care with the top minds in the oncology space across hematologic malignancies, breast cancers, skin cancers, lung cancers, genitourinary cancers, gastrointestinal cancers, and many more.
“What sets PER® apart from all others is its passionate commitment to improving care. Now more than ever, it is important that health care professionals around the world are up to date with the latest advance patient care strategies at this unprecedented time when optimizing care and outcomes for patients is so crucial,” said Phil Talamo, CHCP, president of PER®. “Throughout these six cutting-edge virtual conferences, our learners will learn how to integrate new and emerging data and strategies into real-world case scenarios they face in their practices daily.”
Key PER® virtual, interactive core oncology conferences include:
- 18th Annual Winter Lung Cancer Conference® held from Feb. 5-7. HCP’s discussed breakthroughs in immunotherapy, targeted agents, and multidisciplinary approaches to lung cancer therapy with a world-class panel of thoracic oncologists.
- 17th Annual International Symposium on Melanoma and Other Cutaneous Malignancies®, held on Feb. 6. In this single-day educational conference, physicians who treat skin cancer took part in fast-paced discussions and Medical Crossfire® exchanges. Participants walked away with thorough updates on current and emerging treatments in melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and other skin cancers.
- 25th Annual International Congress on Hematologic Malignancies®: Focus on Leukemias, Lymphomas, and Myeloma will be held from Feb. 25-28. This highly engaging three-day meeting will provide physicians who treat and manage hematologic malignancies with the practical tools to translate emerging data into the best therapies for their patients, to personalize care according to patient and tumor characteristics, and apply novel treatment strategies to improve patient outcomes. Register here.
- 38th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference® will be held from March 4-7. One of the most impactful and longest-running breast cancer conferences has been reimagined for 2021 as a robust, virtual educational experience. HCPs will take part in world-class tumor board panels, multidisciplinary meet-the-expert sessions, poster talks, lively debates, and much more — including new tracks on pathology, radiation oncology, and nursing, designed to educate the entire care team. A new international session has been developed to meet the needs of learners from around the world. Register here.
- New York GU 14th Annual Interdisciplinary Prostate Cancer Congress® and Other Genitourinary Malignancies will be held from March 12-13. Clinicians will continue learn how to provide state-of-the-art care to optimize outcomes for patients with GU malignancies. The 2021 meeting will focus on a variety of therapeutic approaches that include chemotherapy, targeted therapies, novel hormonal agents, immunotherapies, and much more. Register here.
- 6th Annual School of Gastrointestinal Oncology® (SOGO®) will be held on March 20. This one-day multidisciplinary conference will provide HCPs with the tools and strategies they need to personalize care for each patient with gastrointestinal (GI) cancers. Register here.
About Physicians’ Education Resource® (PER®)
Since 1995, PER® has been dedicated to advancing cancer care through professional education and now advances patient care and treatment strategies on a wide variety of chronic illnesses and diseases. In 2016, PER® initiated continuing medical education (CME) programming in the cardiovascular and endocrinology areas. While expanding into topics outside of oncology, PER® stands as the leading provider of live, online and print CME activities related to oncology and hematology. The high-quality, evidence-based activities feature leading distinguished experts who focus on the application of practice-changing advances. PER® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and the California Board of Registered Nursing. PER® is a brand of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in North America dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.
PER® Media Contact
Alexandra Ventura, 609-716-7777