Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Oncology Consultations® LIVE: The Evolving Treatment Landscape for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer—What Clinicians Need to Know
August 19, 2021
Live, Interactive Webcast!
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Over the past 2 decades, there have been dramatic improvements in survival for patients with breast cancer due to an increased understanding of the diverse genetic etiologies underlying the disease. Treatment strategies for these patients are now determined by hormone receptor status, HER2 expression status, or presence/absence of BRCA mutations. The use of PARP inhibitors has expanded options for patients with BRCA1/2-mutated triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), while immune checkpoint inhibitors have changed the treatment landscape for managing these tumors.
This Oncology Consultations® is a live webcast in which two experts, using a case-based approach, discuss current and emerging therapeutic strategies for triple-negative breast cancer. This engaging format is designed to help clinicians identify best practices in the diagnosis and management of this cancer and to improve outcomes for their patients with this disease.
Benefits of Attending
- Listen to faculty experts share their experiences, approaches, preferences, and perspectives in treating TNBC with immunotherapy, PARP inhibitors, and other novel agents
- Learn about the potential clinical impact of emerging agents in TNBC based on data sets from the latest breast cancer clinical trials
- Ask questions about your patients and receive guidance from experts on the interpretation of core concepts related to treatment for TNBC
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Merck & Co., Inc.
This activity is intended for medical oncologists and other health care professionals who manage patients with breast cancer.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the distinct pathophysiologic characteristics of triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) and explain the rationales for different targeted therapeutic approaches
- Discuss the efficacy and safety of current treatment options for patients with TNBC as well as patient selection criteria for specific agents and adverse event management strategies
- Utilize appropriate biomarkers and patient characteristics to develop individualized treatment plans for patients with TNBC
- Review recent results from clinical trials evaluating novel agents for TNBC, including PARP inhibitors, immune checkpoint inhibitors, antibody-drug conjugates, PI3K inhibitors, and other molecularly targeted approaches, alone and in combination with conventional cytotoxic regimens, to address unmet clinical needs
Professor of Medicine
Director, Breast Oncology and Clinical Trials Education
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center
San Francisco, CA
Associate Director for the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers
Director of Clinical Trials, Breast Oncology
Director of Breast Immunotherapy Clinical Research
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Registration2 Ways to Register
- Online: click here.
- Phone: Please call (888) 949-0045 or (609) 378-3701
Physicians' Education Resource®
2 Clarke Drive
Cranbury, NJ 08512
Registration Fee - Free
For registration assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (888) 949-0045 or (609) 378-3701.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC (PER®) fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof. If any participant in this educational activity is in need of accommodations, please notify us in order to receive service. Please call (609) 378-3701.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC reserves the exclusive rights to all recordings or reproductions of the conference and supporting materials. Unauthorized recording, by any means, is expressly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, recording of presentations or reproductions of supporting audio/visual materials, exhibits, and other supporting Continuing Education materials.
By attending a PER® conference, meeting or related activity ("Events"), all participants, attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and guests ("you") create an agreement between you and PER® regarding the use and distribution of your image, including but not limited to your name, voice, and likeness ("Image"). By attending the Events, you acknowledge and agree that photographs, video, and/or audio recordings may be taken of you and you grant permission to PER® (and its agents) to utilize, in perpetuity, your Image in any electronic or print distribution, or by other means hereinafter created, both now and in the future, for any lawful purpose as determined by PER®.
Meeting information is accurate at the time of posting.
PER® complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as a part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfers of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now