Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669 for 1.0 Contact Hours.
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Sanofi Genzyme Corporation.
Oncology Best Practice™: Optimizing Outcomes Through Stem Cell Mobilization: Equipping Transplant Centers to Make the Most of ASCT
Oncology Best Practice™:
Optimizing Outcomes Through Stem Cell Mobilization: Equipping Transplant Centers to Make the Most of ASCT
In order to request this CME/CE activity for your center, please contact Samantha Zelasko at SZelasko@gotoper.com or call (609) 325-4668
Oncology Best Practice™ is a nationwide series of institution-based regional activities held in locations across the US deemed to have the highest educational need. Placement of the activity will focus on centers of excellence with transplant centers. Successful autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) plays a critical role in treatment of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and multiple myeloma, and ASCT outcomes are dependent on mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC). This activity will serve to update practitioners on emerging evidence-based strategies to optimize outcomes from stem cell mobilization, including how to incorporate new agents and techniques for monitoring mobilization, and identifying patients likely to achieve the best outcomes with ASCT. The activity will utilize a variety of formats, including presentation of new data, clinical scenarios exploring the evidence behind treatment decisions, adverse event management and faculty Q&A to encourage peer-to-peer and peer-to-expert interactions, as well as the sharing of best practices.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an understanding of the latest emerging data regarding agents available to increase the efficacy of stem cell mobilization
- Hear expert perspectives on how best to incorporate new data into patient management strategies during ASCT
- Challenge your understanding of evolving strategies to optimize ASCT outcomes in the context of case-based scenarios
- Engage with experts to identify opportunities to improve outcomes with ASCT
This educational program is primarily directed toward community oncologists, hematologists, and transplant specialists who treat patients with hematologic malignancies. Additionally, fellows, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare professions (HCPs) involved in the treatment of hematologic malignancies will also be invited to participate in the activity.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe current strategies for optimal stem cell transplantation in patients with MM and NHL prior to ASCT therapy
- Identify factors that affect the efficacy of stem cell mobilization
- Implement individualized treatment strategies to effectively mobilize stem cells for successful transplantation
- Implement side-effect management strategies to optimize outcomes in patients undergoing stem cell mobilization and transplant