Accreditation/Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 30.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669 for 30.0 Contact Hours.
Mini Symposium: Designated for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (4.5 Contact Hours)
Main Symposium: Designated for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (25.5 Contact Hours)
This activity provides Category I CME and self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program. For more information, please visit www.absurgery.org
This activity is supported by educational grants from AbbVie, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Celgene Corporation, Genentech, Genomic Health, Inc., Eisai, Inc., Incyte, Lilly, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Pfizer.
For further information concerning Lilly grant funding visit www.lillygrantoffice.com.
34th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®
March 9-12, 2017
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4441 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140
OverviewThe optimal care of patients with breast cancer is rapidly changing as a result of advances in all aspects of patient care, including prevention, screening, and detection, as well as in the primary treatment modalities of surgery, radiation therapy, endocrine therapy, cytotoxic chemotherapy, and novel biologic therapies. There is an increasing focus on providing multidisciplinary care for patients with complex diseases such as breast cancer through the use of integrated teams of professionals representing the relevant treatment modalities, including surgery, radiation therapy, and systemic medical interventions. The multidisciplinary Miami Breast Cancer Conference® has been bringing together surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists, with the aim of fostering awareness of the state-of-the-art treatments in each therapeutic area and encouraging crossteam cooperation in the clinic. At Miami Breast Cancer Conference®, pioneers of innovative approaches in each of these subspecialties will provide insight into the optimal multidisciplinary management of patients with breast cancer and its application to practice.
2017 Can’t-Miss Topics
- Updates in immunology and immunotherapy
The latest updates and controversies in systemic therapy, including:
- State-of-the-art therapy for early-stage disease
- Anthracycline-sparing approaches for HER2+ breast cancer
- Optimized therapeutic strategies across the disease continuum
- What constitutes a true HER2+ test result?
- Targeted therapies (eg, CDK4/6 inhibition, PARP inhibition, HER2-negative, and androgen receptor targeted agents)
- Novel and emerging therapies and biological paradigms
- Overcoming therapeutic resistance
- Endocrine blockade for ductal carcinoma in situ
Assessing and reducing breast cancer risk, including:
- What are the clinical utilities of the 70-gene versus the 21-gene and other breast cancer recurrence assays?
- Should biologic factors be incorporated into breast cancer staging?
- How should we choose multiparameter genomic assays in early-stage breast cancer?
- Germline mutation testing update
- Delivery of cancer genetic services
Critical evaluation of contemporary surgical approaches, including:
- Is the TRAM flap dead?
- Prepectoral technique in breast reconstruction
- Optimized approaches toward breast-conserving therapy, axillary dissection, and surgical margins
- Oncoplastic surgery
- Opioid-sparing pain management strategies
Standards of care and controversies in radiation therapy (RT), including:
- Postmastectomy RT in patients with 1-3 nodes
- Extended-field RT
New frontiers in cancer imaging, diagnostics, and treatment, including:
- Radiomics and radiogenomics
- Where are we with circulating tumor cells and cell-free DNA?
- Preoperative MRI in breast-conserving therapy
- Is tomosynthesis mammography ready for prime time?
- New technologies for diagnosis and management of breast-cancer‒associated cardiomyopathy
- Cellular-based therapy for anthracycline-induced cardiomyopathy
- Novel treatment options for chemotherapy-induced cardiomyopathy
- Sexuality and fertility
Practice management, including:
- The doctor‒patient relationship in the era of precision medicine
- Is breast surgical oncology a dying specialty?
- What does the future hold for academic medical centers versus academic medical systems?
- How will the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) affect breast cancer practice?
- Value comparison of local therapy treatment approaches in early-stage breast cancer
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by educational grants from AbbVie, Acelity, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Celgene, Eisai Inc., Genentech, Inc., Genomic Health, Inc., Lilly, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer, Puma Biotechnology, Inc, and TESARO, Inc.
For further information concerning Lilly grant funding visit www.lillygrantoffice.com.
Target AudienceThis educational program is directed toward medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists interested in the treatment of patients with breast cancer. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, researchers, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of breast cancer are also invited to attend.
Mini-SymposiumThe Miami Breast Cancer Conference® Mini-Symposium offers an additional educational opportunity for attendees who plan to arrive in Miami the day before the official conference begins. The Mini-Symposium takes the format of a World-Class Tumor Board, featuring cases and discussions that highlight challenging clinical situations commonly faced by surgeons and oncologists. This special session was developed to be of interest to healthcare practitioners from all specialties, and will provide practical information to enhance patient care in the clinic, delivered by top experts in the field of breast cancer. If your schedule allows, we hope you will plan to attend and take advantage of this extra session!
Note: Separate registration is required.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now
In case of onsite emergency:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
I understand that the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and have reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") current guidelines in regards to COVID-19. I acknowledge that while Physicians' Education Resource, LLC ("PER") ("Company") has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Company cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. I attest that if within the fourteen (14) days prior to the event, I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, I will not attend the Activities. I shall follow any safety, social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols that have been implemented at the Activities, including providing proof at check in of being 2 weeks removed from receiving a full COVID-19 vaccination or results from a negative COVID-19 viral test taken no more than 3 days prior to the program.
I hereby willingly and voluntarily choose to attend this PER event and related activities ("Activity"). I acknowledge and fully assume the risk and hazards of exposure to COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, children, unborn child, or relatives. I acknowledge that Company may share my personal information for the purpose of contact tracing if the need arises, and I hereby consent to the release of my personal information for such purpose. I hereby release covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates from all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in the Activities. I assume all risks of losses, damages, or injuries that may be sustained while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the venue, employees, vendors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Activity.
* By checking this box, you have read and understand the above and agree to its terms.