Accreditation/Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 29.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Commercial SupportersThis activity is supported by educational grants from Celgene Corporation, Eisai Inc., Genentech, and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
30th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®
OverviewThe optimal care of patients with breast cancer is rapidly changing as a result of advances in all aspects of patient care, including prevention, screening, and detection, as well as in the primary treatment modalities of surgery, radiation therapy, endocrine therapy, cytotoxic chemotherapy, and novel biologic therapies. There is an increasing focus on providing multidisciplinary care for patients with complex diseases such as breast cancer through the use of integrated teams of professionals representing the relevant treatment modalities, including surgery, radiation therapy, and systemic medical interventions. The multidisciplinary Miami Breast Cancer Conference® has been bringing together surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists for 30 years, with the aim of fostering awareness of the state-of-the-art treatments in each therapeutic area and encouraging cross-team cooperation in the clinic. At the 30th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®, pioneers of innovative approaches in each of these subspecialties will provide insight into the optimal multidisciplinary management of patients with breast cancer and its application to practice.
Target AudienceThis educational program is directed toward medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists interested in the treatment of patients with breast cancer. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, researchers, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of breast cancer are also invited to attend.
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss breast carcinogenesis, the impact of germline mutations and breast cancer biology on patient management, and strategies for breast cancer risk reduction
- Incorporate current guidelines and recent data on local therapy, including new strategies for surgical and radiation therapy, into the treatment of patients with breast cancer
- Integrate biomarkers, molecular assays, and other risk assessment tools in treatment decision making for breast cancer when appropriate
- Incorporate systemic therapies for breast cancer (including endocrine, cytotoxic, targeted, and bone-modifying agents) into individualized treatment plans for patients based upon an evaluation of efficacy and safety, as well as patient characteristics and tumor subtype
- Evaluate emerging clinical data regarding new agents and evolving strategies for the treatment of breast cancer, and apply clinical trial data appropriately in order to optimize the outcome of individual patients
- Utilize optimal strategies for preventing and treating breast cancer therapy-related side effects
- Select eligible patients with breast cancer for promising clinical trials
Poster DiscussionMarch 7, 2013
Join us for the PER® SABCS poster session. Our posters will provide you with:
- Top Data from SABCS
- Key take home points
- Implications for your practice
Mini-SymposiumThe 30th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference® Mini-Symposium offers an additional educational opportunity for attendees who plan to arrive in Miami the day before the official conference begins. This year’s Mini-Symposium features topics of practical importance for physicians and their patients, including:
- Managing side effects of surgical and medical treatments
- Host factors that increase breast cancer risk
- Utilizing blood tests for early detection and treatment
- Biopsies for recurrent disease
- Practice-changing updates from San Antonio and ASCO
- Dealing with physician burn-out
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now
In case of onsite emergency:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
I understand that the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and have reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") current guidelines in regards to COVID-19. I acknowledge that while Physicians' Education Resource, LLC ("PER") ("Company") has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Company cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. I attest that if within the fourteen (14) days prior to the event, I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, I will not attend the Activities. I shall follow any safety, social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols that have been implemented at the Activities, including providing proof at check in of being 2 weeks removed from receiving a full COVID-19 vaccination or results from a negative COVID-19 viral test taken no more than 3 days prior to the program.
I hereby willingly and voluntarily choose to attend this PER event and related activities ("Activity"). I acknowledge and fully assume the risk and hazards of exposure to COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, children, unborn child, or relatives. I acknowledge that Company may share my personal information for the purpose of contact tracing if the need arises, and I hereby consent to the release of my personal information for such purpose. I hereby release covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates from all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in the Activities. I assume all risks of losses, damages, or injuries that may be sustained while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the venue, employees, vendors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Activity.
* By checking this box, you have read and understand the above and agree to its terms.