Accreditation/Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts category 1 credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
28th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®
OverviewThe optimal care of patients with breast cancer is rapidly changing as a result of advances in all aspects of patient care, including prevention, screening, and detection, as well as in the primary treatment modalities of surgery, radiation therapy, cytotoxic chemotherapy, and novel biologic therapies. There is an increasing focus on providing multidisciplinary care for patients with complex diseases such as breast cancer through the use of integrated teams of professionals representing the relevant treatment modalities, including surgery, radiation therapy, and systemic medical interventions. The multidisciplinary Miami Breast Cancer Conference™ has been bringing together surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists for 28 years, with the aim of fostering awareness of the state-of-the-art treatments in each therapeutic area and encouraging cross-team cooperation in the clinic. At the 28th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference™, pioneers of innovative approaches in each of these subspecialties will provide insight into the optimal multidisciplinary management of patients with breast cancer and its application to practice.
Target AudienceThis educational program is directed toward medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists interested in the treatment of patients with breast cancer. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, researchers, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of breast cancer are also invited to attend.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this conference, you should be able to:
- Assess data on the optimization of surgery for the treatment of early-stage breast cancer
- Examine recent advances in radiation therapy for the treatment of patients with breast cancer
- Discuss strategies for the prevention of familial breast cancer and management of hereditary risk, including prophylactic surgery and chemoprevention
- Appropriately integrate biomarkers, genomic assays, and other risk assessment tools into treatment decision making for early-stage breast cancer
- Review optimal strategies for endocrine therapy and management of bone health for patients with hormone receptor–positive breast cancer
- Identify appropriate strategies for the use of cytotoxic agents in the treatment of patients with early-stage and advanced/refractory breast cancer
- Discuss standard and novel therapeutic options for patients with HER2-overexpressing breast cancer, including patient selection strategies, combinatorial therapies, and options beyond progression on standard therapy
- Examine the efficacy of targeted agents and how to appropriately utilize them in the treatment of HER2– breast cancer
- Select eligible patients with breast cancer for promising clinical trials
- Meeting information is accurate at the time of posting.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now
In case of onsite emergency:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
I understand that the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and have reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") current guidelines in regards to COVID-19. I acknowledge that while Physicians' Education Resource, LLC ("PER") ("Company") has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Company cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. I attest that if within the fourteen (14) days prior to the event, I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or I have been in close contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, then I will not attend the Activities. I shall follow any safety, social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols that have been implemented at the Activities.
I hereby willingly and voluntarily choose to attend this PER event and related activities ("Activity"). I acknowledge and fully assume the risk and hazards of exposure to COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, children, unborn child, or relatives. I hereby release covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates from all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in the Activities. I assume all risks of losses, damages, or injuries that may be sustained while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the venue, employees, vendors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Activity.
* By checking this box, you have read and understand the above and agree to its terms.