Accreditation/Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
27th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®
OverviewThe optimal care of patients with breast cancer is rapidly changing as a result of advances in all aspects of patient care, including prevention, screening, and detection, as well as in the primary treatment modalities of surgery, radiation therapy, cytotoxic chemotherapy, and novel biologic therapies. There is an increasing focus on providing multidisciplinary care for patients with complex diseases such as breast cancer through the use of integrated teams of professionals representing the relevant treatment modalities, including surgery, radiation, and systemic medical interventions. The multidisciplinary Miami Breast Cancer Conference has been bringing clinicians from each of these subspecialties together for 27 years, with the aim of fostering awareness of the state-of-the-art treatments in each therapeutic area and encouraging cooperation across teams back in the clinic. At the 27th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference™, pioneers of innovative approaches to surgical, radiation, and medical oncology will provide insight into the current optimal multidisciplinary management of patients with breast cancer and its application to practice.
Target AudienceThis educational program is directed toward medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists in order to provide a comprehensive update on new data and recent advances in surgery and systemic therapy that are critical to the optimal management of patients with breast cancer. Fellows, nurses, and pharmacists in oncology interested in the treatment of breast cancer are also invited to attend.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this conference, you should be able to:
- Discuss recent advances in the screening and identification of individuals at high risk for developing breast cancer as well as indications for preventative management strategies such as prophylactic mastectomy and chemoprevention
- Review current treatment options for benign breast disease, including cosmetic surgery considerations • Summarize the latest advances in imaging techniques for the detection of breast cancer
- Summarize the latest advances in imaging techniques for the detection of breast cancer
- Compare sentinel lymph node biopsy to conventional axillary node dissection
- Assess the utility of genomic and/or proteomic technology for elucidating the biology of breast cancer and identifying new therapeutic targets
- Evaluate genomic and proteomic tools for elucidating the biology of breast cancer, identifying new therapeutic targets, assessing recurrence risk, predicting benefit from chemotherapy, and individualizing therapeutic decision making
- Discuss the clinical significance of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in lymph nodes
- Explain the biology of metastases, patterns of spread, the role of cancer stem cells, and implications for therapeutic design
- Review advances in oncoplastic techniques such as skin-sparing mastectomy, breastconserving surgery for central lesions, lipofilling, whole-breast reconstruction, DIEP flap, and GAP flap
- Implement proper surgical planning and use of specialized techniques, including breast-conserving surgery and sentinel node biopsy
- Incorporate radiation therapy for early and advanced breast cancer to improve outcomes and quality of life
- Apply innovations in radiation oncology treatment planning and delivery
- Assess the influence of clinical factors on local recurrence and review management options
- Incorporate optimal chemotherapy selection in the adjuvant setting
- Debate endocrine treatment options for patients with hormone receptor–positive breast cancer, including strategies for the integration of aromatase inhibitors into adjuvant regimens and strategies for overcoming resistance
- Evaluate the role of bone-targeted agents for the management of bone loss and the potential for prevention of metastases
- Discuss the treatment of HER2+ breast cancer, including patient selection for adjuvant targeted therapy and the development of novel therapeutics for relapsed/refractory metastatic disease
- Evaluate emerging strategies for the treatment of metastatic disease, including novel microtubule-targeted agents and novel combinations with antiangiogenic agents
- Assess the basis for and utility of emerging therapies for triple-negative breast cancer, including poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors
- Evaluate current and emerging strategies for ameliorating or eliminating therapyassociated adverse events, including premature ovarian failure and lymphedema
- Review the most recent breast cancer treatment data from major international oncology meetings
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now
In case of onsite emergency:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
I understand that the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and have reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") current guidelines in regards to COVID-19. I acknowledge that while Physicians' Education Resource, LLC ("PER") ("Company") has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Company cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. I attest that if within the fourteen (14) days prior to the event, I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, I will not attend the Activities. I shall follow any safety, social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols that have been implemented at the Activities, including providing proof at check in of being 2 weeks removed from receiving a full COVID-19 vaccination or results from a negative COVID-19 viral test taken no more than 3 days prior to the program.
I hereby willingly and voluntarily choose to attend this PER event and related activities ("Activity"). I acknowledge and fully assume the risk and hazards of exposure to COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, children, unborn child, or relatives. I acknowledge that Company may share my personal information for the purpose of contact tracing if the need arises, and I hereby consent to the release of my personal information for such purpose. I hereby release covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates from all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in the Activities. I assume all risks of losses, damages, or injuries that may be sustained while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the venue, employees, vendors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Activity.
* By checking this box, you have read and understand the above and agree to its terms.