Accreditation/Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Acknowledgment of Commercial SupportThis activity is supported by educational grants from Astellas and Medivation, Inc., Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, and sanofi-aventis U.S.
8th Annual Interdisciplinary Prostate Cancer Congress® and Other Genitourinary Malignancies
March 14, 2015
Crowne Plaza® Times Square - Manhattan
1605 Broadway (at 49th Street)
New York, NY 10019
OverviewThe 8th Annual Interdisciplinary Prostate Cancer Congress® and Other Genitourinary Malignancies is a one-day educational meeting that brings together the top experts from key specialties involved in the care of patients with prostate cancer to discuss state-of-the-art treatments and current guidelines, debate controversies and clinical challenges, and review recent trial data and emerging therapeutic approaches with the potential to impact clinical practice.
Today, the interdisciplinary care of prostate cancer has become a reality, and urologists along with radiation, surgical, and medical oncologists are all involved in the management of these patients. In order to provide optimal care, it is essential that all members of the treatment team stay up-to-date on current trends and emerging data, not just in their own area, but also in the related specialties. The Interdisciplinary Prostate Cancer Congress® and Other Genitourinary Malignancies provides an opportunity for clinicians to receive concise didactic updates on best practices and investigational strategies in each of these topical areas, accompanied by practical case discussions moderated by an expert panel in a multidisciplinary tumor board-like environment.
Target AudienceThis educational activity is directed toward medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, and urologists involved in the treatment and management of patients with prostate cancer. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of prostate cancer may also participate.
- Review evidence-based strategies for the care of patients with multiple lines of therapy, including monotherapy, combinations, or sequencing of therapies
- Choose appropriate genomic tests to guide treatment decisions
- Evaluate emerging clinical data regarding new agents and evolving strategies
Faculty and Staff Disclosures
The following individuals have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose:
Mitchell C. Benson, MD; Leonard G. Gomella, MD, FACS; Tom Henricks; Richard G. Stock, MD
The staff of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC: Beth Cameron, PhD; Ann C. Lichti, CHCP; and Emily Valko Lohrmann
The following individuals have relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose:
- Robert Dreicer, MD, MS, FACP, FASCO – Consultant: Medivation, Genentech, Merck, Astellas
- Celestia S. Higano, MD, FACP – Consultant: Bayer HealthCare, Dendreon, Genentech, Johnson & Johnson, AbbVie, Astellas, Ferring, Medivation, Orion, Pfizer
- Primo N. Lara, Jr, MD – Grant/Research Support: Millennium, Aragon, Janssen, Polaris, OncoGeneX, GSK, Genentech; Consultant: Janssen, Clovis, Astex, USOS, Exelixis, ImmunoGen, Pfizer, Teva, Medivation
- Daniel Petrylak, MD – Grant/Research Support: OncoGeneX, Progenics, Johnson & Johnson, Millennium, Celgene, Dendreon, Sanofi; Consultant: Bayer, Bellicum, Dendreon, sanofi -aventis, Johnson & Johnson, Exelixis, Ferring, Millennium, Medivation, Pfizer
- Mario Sznol, MD – Consultant: Genentech-Roche, Bristol Myers-Squibb, AstraZeneca/MedImmune, Pfizer, Novartis, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Amgen (none in past 12 months), Merus, SeattleGenetics, Immune; Shareholder: Amphivena and Adaptive Biotechnologies
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This CME activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label use of drugs. Participants are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this CME activity is for continuing medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options for a specific patient’s medical condition.
The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now