Accreditation/Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Commercial SupportersThis activity is supported in part by educational grants from Celgene Corporation, Genentech, Lilly USA, LLC, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, and Seattle Genetics, Inc.
17th Annual International Congress on Hematologic Malignancies®: Focus on Leukemias, Lymphomas and Myeloma
Target AudienceThis CME activity is directed toward medical oncologists and hematologists interested in the treatment of patients with hematologic malignancies. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, researchers, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of hematologic malignancies are also invited to participate.
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, you should be better prepared to:
- Evaluate emerging clinical data regarding new agents and evolving strategies for the treatment of hematologic malignancies, and apply clinical trial data appropriately in order to optimize the outcome of individual patients
- Integrate genomic and molecular biomarkers when appropriate into risk assessment and treatment selection for patients with hematologic malignancies
- Compare efficacy and safety data supporting treatment options for lymphoma (including indolent and aggressive B cell lymphomas, Hodgkin lymphoma, and T cell lymphomas) in order to optimize outcomes for individual patients
- Individualize therapy for patient with newly diagnosed and relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma based on assessment of transplant eligibility, patient and tumor characteristics, and risk/benefit profiles of available regimens
- Discuss strategies for the first-line treatment of chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemia, as well as monitoring guidelines and options for patients in accelerated- or blast-phase
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of standard and emerging treatment approaches for patients with acute leukemias, myelodysplastic syndrome, and myeloproliferative disorders in order to personalize therapy for individual patients.
- Review recent advances in treatment options for chronic lymphocytic leukemia, including the use of prognostic factors, to optimize outcomes.
Disclosure Policy and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest (COI)As a sponsor accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), it is the policy of PER® to ensure fair balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its CME activities. PER® additionally requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of a CME activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. The ACCME defines “relevant financial relationships” as financial relationships in any amount occurring within the past 12 months that create a COI. All relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests are disclosed to participants prior to the beginning of PER®’s CME activities. PER® has identified and resolved all COI prior to the start of this activity using a multi-step process.
Off-Label Disclosure and DisclaimerThis CME activity will contain discussions about off-label/unapproved uses of drugs including but not limited to brentuximab vedotin, carfilzomib, pomalidomide, doxorubicin, dexamethasone, bortezomib, bendamustine, melphalan, lenalidomide, delanzomib, ibrutinib, idelalisib, rituximab for ITP, romiplostim and eltrombopag for pediatric ITP, E5501 (avatrombopag maleate) for ITP, ABT‑199, IPI-145, SCDT 2980s, ofatumumab, aurora kinase inhibitors, GS-1101, PCYC-32765, IP2101, ibritumomab tiuxetan, interferon in MPNs, rigosertib, clofarabine for MDS, ponatinib, blinatumomab, azacitidine, decitabine and clofarbine.
For additional information about approved uses, including approved indications, contraindications, and warnings, participants are advised to consult prescribing information for all products discussed or consult the Physicians’ Desk Reference. The information provided in this CME activity is for continuing medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options for a specific patient’s medical condition.
The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, or any of the companies that provided commercial support for this CME activity.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now
In case of onsite emergency:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
I understand that the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and have reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") current guidelines in regards to COVID-19. I acknowledge that while Physicians' Education Resource, LLC ("PER") ("Company") has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Company cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. I attest that if within the fourteen (14) days prior to the event, I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or I have been in close contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, then I will not attend the Activities. I shall follow any safety, social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols that have been implemented at the Activities.
I hereby willingly and voluntarily choose to attend this PER event and related activities ("Activity"). I acknowledge and fully assume the risk and hazards of exposure to COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, children, unborn child, or relatives. I hereby release covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates from all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in the Activities. I assume all risks of losses, damages, or injuries that may be sustained while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the venue, employees, vendors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Activity.
* By checking this box, you have read and understand the above and agree to its terms.