2nd Annual European Symposium on Lung Cancers™
4-5, May 2018
Avenida Diagonal, 589-591
08014 Barcelona, Spain
Tel: +34 934 95 77 77
Lung Cancer CME Overview
We are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual European Symposium on Lung Cancers™, which will focus on how clinicians can best incorporate new approaches, including personalized medicine, targeted agents, and immunotherapy. While these new approaches hold the promise of improved outcomes for patients with lung cancer, they also lead to increased demand on physicians to understand new paradigms in molecular testing, treatment selection, and management of adverse events with new categories of therapies.
This highly interactive and practical program will include internationally recognized experts in lung cancer describing recent key studies in the field, as well as extensive case-based discussions that go beyond the data in addressing challenges faced in the clinic. This meeting will also enable participants to engage directly with experts and with their peers to share their perspectives, personal experiences, and approaches to optimizing care for their patients with lung cancer.
New for 2018!
We have added several new features to this year’s meeting to enhance the educational and collaborative experience for attendees. A multidisciplinary tumor board will demonstrate cross-disciplinary assessment of patient cases and selection of the optimal therapeutic interventions. A session will also be dedicated to the pulmonologist’s view of lung cancer screening, diagnosis, and multimodality therapy. Finally, an afternoon Poster Walk will allow attendees to share and discuss their clinical research with other investigators in the field.
2018 Featured Topics
- State-of-the-art application of immunotherapy in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Emergence of immunotherapy in locally advanced NSCLC
- New standards for patients with EGFR-mutated and ALK-rearranged NSCLC, and recent data on therapies to target other oncogenic drivers
- Role of liquid biopsies for treatment selection
- Pulmonologist’s perspective on best practices in lung cancer diagnosis and therapy
- Therapeutic advances in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and mesothelioma
This educational activity is directed toward medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, pulmonologists, as well as other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment and management of patients with lung cancer.
At the conclusion of this symposium, you should be better prepared to:
- Assess methods by which prognostic and predictive tumor characteristics can be identified in advanced forms of lung cancer
- Utilize tumor and patient characteristics to optimize personalized treatment sequencing for patients with advanced NSCLC
- Discuss current and emerging roles for single agent and combination immunotherapeutic strategies in the management of advanced lung cancers
- Apply personalized approaches to manage EGFR-mutated advanced NSCLC by assessment of mutation subtypes in multiple lines of care
- Assess evolving data sets concerning the use of ALK inhibition in front-line and subsequent lines of care in advanced NSCLC
- Discuss emerging targeted approaches for oncogenic drivers in NSCLC beyond EGFR and ALK
- Identify approaches to address treatment-related toxicities in patients with lung cancer
- Integrate personalized approaches to manage challenging cases in advanced lung cancer settings
Program Co-ChairsBenjamin Besse, MD, PhD
Head of Thoracic Tumor board, Department of Medicine
Prof. Dr. med. Martin Reck
Head of the Thoracic Oncology and Clinical Trial Departmentsbr /<> LungenClinic Grosshansdorf
Planning CommitteeEnriqueta Felip MD, PhD
Director Thoracic and Head and Neck Program
Department of Medical Oncology
Vall d'Hebron University Hospital
Keith Kerr, BSc, MBChB, FRCPath, FRCPE
Honorary Chair in Pulmonary Pathology
Aberdeen University Medical School
Tony Mok, MD
Chairman, Dept. of Clinical Oncology
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
Noemi Reguart, MD, PhD
Consultant Thoracic Oncology
Medical Oncology Department
Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona
Additionally, those interested can view photos and videos from the Inaugural European Symposium on Lung Cancer or begin to prepare for the 3rd Annual Oncology CME program, taking place in May 2019.
You must be logged in to PER to register for this meeting
Or Register for PER now
In case of onsite emergency:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
I understand that the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and have reviewed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") current guidelines in regards to COVID-19. I acknowledge that while Physicians' Education Resource, LLC ("PER") ("Company") has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Company cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19. I attest that if within the fourteen (14) days prior to the event, I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, I will not attend the Activities. I shall follow any safety, social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols that have been implemented at the Activities, including providing proof at check in of being 2 weeks removed from receiving a full COVID-19 vaccination or results from a negative COVID-19 viral test taken no more than 3 days prior to the program.
I hereby willingly and voluntarily choose to attend this PER event and related activities ("Activity"). I acknowledge and fully assume the risk and hazards of exposure to COVID-19 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, children, unborn child, or relatives. I acknowledge that Company may share my personal information for the purpose of contact tracing if the need arises, and I hereby consent to the release of my personal information for such purpose. I hereby release covenant not to sue, forever discharge, and hold harmless Company and its affiliates from all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from participating in the Activities. I assume all risks of losses, damages, or injuries that may be sustained while participating in the Activity. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the venue, employees, vendors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Activity.
* By checking this box, you have read and understand the above and agree to its terms.