PER® gathers and tracks information/data that users provide through registration on our site. In addition to this gathering of information by the registration of users and in an effort to improve our site, PER® also gathers information through tracking systems depending on the service being used by you. The tracking systems include deriving data by tallying page views throughout our site and capturing information on the type of browser being used to view the site, tracking what pages you have visited while on the site, and tracking what computers respond to a PER® survey. This information enables us to better provide educational programming and to respond to our users' needs and is gathered solely on an aggregate basis.
PER® may gather information on our users in the following ways:
We do not collect personally identifiable information (PII) from you unless you provide it to us knowingly in connection with an educational activity. For the registration process, PER® may require some information, like name, e-mail address, and profession, while other information requested will be voluntary and optional. Information collected in the registration process is never shared with third parties in a personally identifiable way.
* Usage Tracking
PER® uses traffic analysis software on our servers to track user traffic patterns throughout our site. PER® uses this data to break down overall usage statistics according to IP address, domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the data automatically sent by the browser whenever a web page is requested.
* Other Usage
PER® uses PII, and any data, personal or otherwise, that you provide and which may be saved on the Website, to provide our products and services. In addition to the ways in which we may use NPI, examples of the ways in which we may use PII include but are not limited to:
- To respond to your questions.
- To provide to you the services or subscriptions you select.
- To contact you regarding PER®’s CME activities, news, or other resources.
- To send you information you request.
- To send and manage educational outcomes measurement surveys.
- To advise you of products or services that may be available at PER®.
- To notify you about website maintenance, updates, and new features.
- To confirm or fulfill purchase and registration requests.
- To display content we think may be of interest to you and otherwise help us customize what you see when you visit the Website.
- To solicit user feedback to assess user-satisfaction or other needs and interests.
- To help us in creating new tools, features, and services.
- To send you materials on behalf of trusted third parties.
- Otherwise in rendering, administering, and improving the Website, our services, and our business.
2. Sharing of the information
PER® may provide aggregate Non-Personal Information (NPI) to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of the Website and the activities they conduct while on the Website. We might for example inform a pharmaceutical company (that exhibits at a PER® conference or sponsors non-CME symposia held in conjunction with a PER® conference) that “25% of conference attendees/participants are medical oncologists” or that “10% of our conference attendees/participants work in an academic setting.”
Third party vendors are prohibited from using NPI or “limited PI” contained in pre-registration and attendee lists to:
- Engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary or contractual relationship; any applicable local, state, national, or international law; or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to operating an illegal lottery or gambling operation, stalking or making threats of harm;
Transmit Content that is inaccurate, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, or harassing;
- Causes duress, distress, or discomfort to another;
- Is otherwise objectionable to PER®, the conference sponsor;
- Violates or infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights;
- Constitutes electioneering, such as exhortations to vote for or against any candidate for public office;
- Is misleading, incomplete, or incorrect related to any aspect of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and care;
- Implies a relationship with or endorsement of PER®;
- Solicit for any for-profit venture, operation, or effort.
- Collect and use only the minimum information necessary for us to deliver high quality service to users, to administer our business, and to let you know of products and services that are available from PER® and trusted third parties;
- Protect the information our visitors share with us, maintaining strong standards of security and confidentiality;
- Require any other organization that we retain or engage to provide support services to us to conform to our privacy standards.
3. "No-spam" policy
Your e-mail address will not be sold to a third party if you register to receive information about our certified medical education offerings or educational surveys or if you participate in an educational activity on our site.
4. Delete/deactivate policy
You may request to have your personal information removed from PER®’s databases by sending a request via e-mail to email@example.com, including your first and last names and e-mail address with which you originally registered. Changes or corrections to your information may be submitted in the same fashion. Please note that if you have received credit for participating in a certified medical education activity, information collected for the certificate process must remain on file with us as the accredited provider in accordance with governing compliance regulations.
When you register with PER®, you are joining an opt-in list, which means you may occasionally receive educational activity announcements or related information, whether it is sent directly by us or by our approved educational partners. You may have your e-mail address removed from the PER® opt-in list at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained at the end of the e-mail you receive.
Mailing Address: Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC / 2 Clarke Drive, Suite 100, Cranbury, NJ 08512
Calendar of Events