Expiration Date: November 11, 2017
Media: Internet - based
This educational activity is directed toward medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and pulmonologists involved in the treatment and management of patients with lung cancer. Fellows, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, researchers, and other healthcare professionals interested in the treatment of lung cancer may also participate.
Educational ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this activity, you should be better prepared to:
- Apply chemotherapeutic and molecularly targeted strategies to the management of newly diagnosed, advanced NSCLC
- Assess current and emerging strategies to address the problem of acquired resistance and relapse in patients with NSCLC
- Delineate best practices concerning the application of targeted therapies in frontline- and subsequent settings of advanced lung cancer
- Personalize care for patients with thoracic malignancies based on clinical data sets, information that informs sequencing, performance status, and tumor characteristics
Faculty, Staff, and Planners' DisclosuresFaculty
Mark G. Kris, MD
Attending, Thoracic Oncology Service
William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, NY
Disclosure: Grant/Research Support: PUMA, Pfizer, Genentech; Consultant: AstraZeneca, Ariad, Roche/Genentech, Array.
Roman Perez-Soler, MD
Chairman, Department of Oncology
Montefiore Medical Center
Professor of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Deputy Director, Albert Einstein Cancer Center
Disclosure: Grant/Research Support: National Cancer Institute; Consultant: AstraZeneca, Clovis, Roche/Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Lilly, Adgero; Stock/Shareholder: Adgero.
Disclosure Policy and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest (COI)
It is the policy of PER® to ensure the fair balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific objectivity in all of our CME activities. In accordance with ACCME guidelines, PER® requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity, including spouses/partners, to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest to participants as part of the activity planning process. PER® has implemented mechanisms to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to release of this activity.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Once you begin the activity, please answer the demographic questions. This will allow you to proceed to the activity.
- This activity contains one or more interactive questions. You may move forward through the activity; however, you may not go back to change answers or review content until you finish the activity.
- At the end of the activity, an Educational Content link will be available for you to download content in PDF format for your reference.
- If you close the Web browser after you complete the activity, the Educational Content link will disappear and you will need to review the activity in its entirety to once again access the link.
- In order to receive a CME certificate, participants must complete the activity.
- Click on the Request Credits link at the end of the activity. Complete the posttest and pass with a score of 70% or higher, complete the evaluation, and then click on request for credit. Participants may immediately download a CME certificate upon completion of these steps.
Off-Label Disclosure and Disclaimer
This CME activity may or may not discuss investigational, unapproved, or off-label uses of drugs. Participants are advised to consult prescribing information for any products discussed. The information provided in this CME activity is for continuing medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options for a specific patient’s medical condition.
The opinions expressed in the content are solely those of the individual faculty members and do not reflect those of Physicians’ Education Resource®, LLC, or any of the companies that provided commercial support for this activity.
CME Provider Contact Information
666 Plainsboro Road, Suite 356
Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Toll Free: 888-949-0045