Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by educational grants from Agios.
Friday, January 13, 2017
The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
181 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
6:30 pm – Registration and Dinner
7:00 – 9:00 pm – Program
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to
- Determine contemporary strategies for the management of AML and clinically unmet needs in the field
- Discuss activating mutations that have been identified in AML which provide the rationale for the development of targeted mechanistic approaches
- Explain recent clinical trial results concerning novel targeted strategies to manage AML and next steps in the field with single agent and combination trials
- Place recent clinical trial findings on targeted strategies in the context of evolving treatment paradigms and how targeted approaches may be utilized to optimize outcomes in AML
The New Frontiers in the Management of AML Treatment: The Emerging Role of Targeted Therapies meetings are live symposia being held adjunct to the Highlights of ASH® in North America conferences that are taking place in Atlanta, New York, and Seattle. Each satellite symposium will feature 2 experts in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) who will review and share perspectives on current standards of care, the clinical implication of new data, and advances of novel therapeutic strategies. The Highlights of ASH in North America meetings are perfect venues for programming focused on AML treatment that are designed to meet the needs of the busy clinicians who strive to maintain their advanced practices in the care of their patients.
Key topics on the agenda include:
- An overview of AML biology, risk factors, prognostic indicators, and evidence-based treatment principles
- Developing therapeutic targets and agents in AML
- Methods for optimizing outcomes in older patients with AML
- Rational drug combinations with targeted agents
This activity is intended for all attendees of the Highlights of ASH meeting including medical oncologists, hematologists, and other healthcare providers interested in the latest advances in the treatment of AML. The online portion of this initiative is intended for medical oncologists, hematologists, nurses, physician assistants, fellows and other healthcare professionals interested in emerging data and advances in treatment of AML.