Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by educational grants from Eisai Inc. and Exelixis
Not an official event of the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium. Not sponsored by any of the cosponsoring organizations of the 2017 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium.
Advancing RCC: A Focused Assessment of Recent Paradigm Shifts and Next Steps to Move the Field Forward is a case-based, interactive, live symposium to be held adjunct to the annual 2017 annual genitourinary (GU) cancers meeting in Orlando. Clinical decision-making in the setting of relapsed/refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has seen dramatic changes since the approval of 3 new therapies for this setting. These approvals have raised questions about how outcomes can be optimized by effective sequencing of these strategies. Furthermore, new data and real-world experience with these agents continue to shape practice. Additionally, new data is emerging that may change practice in the first-line setting.
This educational program will focus on evidence-based, state-of-the-art management strategies designed to meet the specific needs of oncologists who treat patients with GU cancers. It features an international team of experts who will lead participants through a case-based, in-depth exploration of the latest data and their clinical implications.
This educational program is directed toward all attendees of the 2017 ASCO Genitourinary Cancer Symposium, including medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists and urologists interested in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma. Nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment and management of patients with renal cell carcinoma are invited to participate.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be better prepared to:
- Discuss the biology of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and clinical circumstances that inform switching and sequencing of therapies in the care of patients with these malignancies
- Assess targeted approaches for RCC management, the mechanistic rationale for treatment combinations, and emerging evidence concerning these strategies
- Describe the role of immunotherapy in the setting of RCC in the context of trial data, real-world experience, and monitoring
- Apply best practices to manage treatment-related toxicities and assess their impact on clinical decision-making to optimize sequencing in the management of RCC
- Evaluate clinical scenarios that may soon impact the RCC treatment landscape, including evolving compounds, combinations, and biomarkers
Toni Choueiri, MD
Director, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology
Department of Medical Oncology
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Brigham and Women's Hospital
The Jerome and Nancy Kohlberg Endowed Chair
Associate Professor of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Feb 28, 2017
Cancer Summaries and Commentaries™: Updates from Singapore: Advances in Personalized Lung Cancer Treatment
Feb 28, 2017