Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physicians' Education Resource®, LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16669 for 1.5 Contact Hours.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Puma Biotechnology.
March 10th, 2017
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM
4441 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Optimizing Outcomes in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer: Emerging Evidence and Practical Strategies in Early Stage Treatment Settings is a live satellite symposium to be held adjunct to the 34th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®, a PER® Legacy International Conference. Although HER2-targeted therapy has resulted in substantial improvements in preventing disease recurrence in the early stage HER2-positive breast cancer setting, there remain unmet needs in the field to further improve long-term outcomes for these patients. This exciting program will provide an update on key evidence that informs evolving methods to manage these patients and prepare participants to practically apply recent advances in early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer treatment. The focus of the program will be landmark and recent key trials conducted in adjuvant settings, the clinical implications of recent findings on novel extended adjuvant approaches, and the management of predictable treatment-related toxicities.
Key topics on the agenda include:
- Testing that assesses biomarkers to inform adjuvant decision-making and new genomic profiling testing methods
- The mechanistic rationale that underlies the development of novel approaches in early stage HER2-positive breast cancer
- Analyses of recent clinical trials that have evaluated extended adjuvant approaches
- Evidence on and practical methods to manage and mitigate the impact of treatment-related toxicity in early stage management settings of HER2-positive breast cancer
This educational activity is directed toward medical oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, and fellows attending the 34th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference®. Nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, researchers, and other health care professionals interested in the treatment of breast cancer will be invited to participate.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Determine current outcomes with standard adjuvant treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer and identify clinically unmet needs that remain in the field
- Identify evolving biomarkers that can be utilized to inform clinical decision-making for patients with early stage HER2-positive breast cancer
- Describe key findings from recent clinical trials conducted in HER2-postive breast cancer that have evaluated extended adjuvant approaches
- Place key findings from clinical trials in the context of best practices that can translated and practically applied to manage early stage HER2-positive breast cancer
Program ChairDebu Tripathy, MD
Professor and Chair
Department of Breast Medical Oncology
MD Anderson Cancer Center